Using the Menus: Shooting Mode
c c MF ASSIST [STANDARD] MF ASSIST [STANDARD]
Choose how focus is displayed in manual focus
mode (P 48).
STANDARDSTANDARD Focus is displayed normally (focus peaking
is not available).
The camera heightens high-contrast out-
lines. Choose from LOW and HIGH.
F F Fn BUTTON Fn BUTTON
Choose the role played by the Fn button (P 51).
I I FLASH [±0] FLASH [±0]
Adjust flash brightness. Choose from values be-
3 EV and –2
3 EV. The default setting is ±0.
Note that the desired results may not be achieved
depending on shooting conditions and the dis-
tance to the subject.
g g EXTERNAL FLASH [OFF] EXTERNAL FLASH [OFF]
Choose ON when using an optional flash unit (ex-
cept Fujifilm products) mounted on the camera
• The flash may not fully light the subject at speeds
faster than 1
• Use auto or custom white balance (P 46).
• If the built-in flash is raised when ON is selected for
g EXTERNAL FLASH, the built-in flash will fire once
to provide a signal for the optional flash unit to fire.
• External flash units can be used in P, S, A, M or O
(S and T only) modes.
• Fujifilm external flash units do not require this setting.
• The camera can be used with flash units that provide
aperture adjustment, external metering, and sensitiv-
ity control. Some flash units that are designed spe-
cifically for other cameras can not be used.
• For information on Fujifilm external flash units, see
Accessories from FUJIFILM (P 104).