Automatic Scene SelectionAutomatic Scene Selection
In R mode, the camera selects the scene accord-
ing to shooting conditions and the type of subject:
d(portraits), d(poorly-lit landscapes), f(poorly-lit
portraits), c(landscapes), e(close-ups), g(backlit
portraits), or a (other subjects).
Taking Photographs during Recording
Press the shutter button to take a photograph during
• See page 86 for information on choosing how pho-
tographs are recorded.
• The photo is saved separately from the movie and
does not appear as part of the movie.
• Photos can not be taken while a high-speed movie
is being recorded.
• The number of photos that can be taken is limited.
• The indicator lamp lights while movies are being re-
corded. Do not open the battery chamber during
shooting or while the indicator lamp is lit. Failure
to observe this precaution could prevent the movie
from being played back.
• Vertical or horizontal streaks may appear in movies
containing very bright subjects. This is normal and
does not indicate a malfunction.
• The temperature of the camera may rise if it is used to
record movies for an extended period or if the ambi-
ent temperature is high. This is normal and does not
indicate a malfunction.