Elements that may damage the appliance
– Rough pan bases may scratch the hob.
– Avoid leaving empty pots and pans on the
hotplate. Doing so may cause damage.
– Do not place hot pans on the control panel, the
indicator area, or the hob frame. Doing so may
– Hard or pointed objects dropped on the hob may
– Aluminium foil and plastic containers will melt if
placed on the hotplate while it is hot. The use of
laminated sheeting is not recommended on the
The following table presents the most common
Damage Cause Solution
Stains Food spillage Immediately remove spilt food using a glass scraper.
Inappropriate cleaning products Only use cleaning products specifically produced for glass-ceramic
Scratches Salt, sugar and sand Do not use the hob as a tray or work surface.
Pans with rough bottoms may
scratch the hob
Fading Inappropriate cleaning products Only use cleaning products specifically produced for glass-ceramic
Contact with pans Lift pots and pans before moving them around.
Chips Sugar, substances with a high
Immediately remove spilt food using a glass scraper.