F Recording Movies
Zoom can be adjusted while re-
cording is in progress.
• Focus, exposure, and white balance are adjusted
automatically throughout recording. The color and
brightness of the image may vary from those dis-
played before recording begins.
• If the subject is poorly lit, the AF-assist lamp may light
to assist the focus operation. To turn the AF-assist
lamp o , select OFF for the C AF ILLUMINATOR
option in the setup menu (pg. 106).
• The indicator lamp lights while movies are being re-
corded. Do not open the battery chamber cover dur-
ing shooting or while the indicator lamp is lit. Failure
to observe this precaution could prevent the movie
from being played back.
• The lens may make a noise when the camera focuses
• Vertical or horizontal streaks may appear in movies
containing very bright subjects. This is normal and
does not indicate a malfunction.