Inserting the Battery and a Memory Card
■ Compatible Memory Cards
FUJIFILM and SanDisk SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards have been approved for use in the cam-
era. A complete list of approved memory cards is available at http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_
cameras/compatibility/. Operation is not guaranteed with other cards. The camera can not be used
with xD-Picture Cards or MultiMediaCard (MMC) devices.
QQMemory CardsMemory Cards
• Do not turn the camera o or remove the memory card while the memory card is being formatted or data are
being recorded to or deleted from the card. Failure to observe this precaution could damage the card.
• Format memory cards before rst use, and be sure to reformat all memory cards after using them in a computer
or other device. For more information on formatting memory cards, see page 83.
• Memory cards are small and can be swallowed; keep out of reach of children. If a child swallows a memory card,
seek medical assistance immediately.
• miniSD or microSD adapters that are larger or smaller than the standard dimensions of an SD/SDHC/SDXC card
may not eject normally; if the card does not eject, take the camera to an authorized service representative. Do
not forcibly remove the card.
• Do not a x labels to memory cards. Peeling labels can cause camera malfunction.
• Movie recording may be interrupted with some types of SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card. Use a G card or
better when shooting HD movies.
• Formatting a memory card in the camera creates a folder in which pictures are stored. Do not rename or delete
this folder or use a computer or other device to edit, delete, or rename image les. Always use the camera to
delete pictures; before editing or renaming les, copy them to a computer and edit or rename the copies, not
the originals. Renaming the les on the camera can cause problems during playback.