12 First Steps
Inserting the Battery and a Memory Card
■ Compatible Memory Cards
FUJIFILM and SanDisk SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards have been approved
for use in the camera. A complete list of approved memory cards is available
at http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/compatibility/. Operation
is not guaranteed with other cards. The camera can not be used with xD-
Picture Cards or MultiMediaCard (MMC) devices.
QQMemory CardsMemory Cards
• Do not turn the camera off or remove the memory card while the memory card is
being formatted or data are being recorded to or deleted from the card. Failure to
observe this precaution could damage the card.
• Format SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards before first use, and be sure to reformat all
memory cards after using them in a computer or other device. For more information
on formatting memory cards, see “K FORMAT” ( P 91).
• Memory cards are small and can be swallowed; keep out of reach of children. If a
child swallows a memory card, seek medical assistance immediately.
• miniSD or microSD adapters that are larger or smaller than the standard dimensions
of an SD/SDHC/SDXC card may not eject normally; if the card does not eject, take
the camera to an authorized service representative. Do not forcibly remove the card.
• Do not affix labels to memory cards. Peeling labels can cause camera malfunction.
• Movie recording may be interrupted with some types of SD/SDHC/SDXC memory
card. Use a H card or better when shooting HD or high-speed movies.