Using the Menus: Shooting Mode
Adjust flash brightness. Choose from values be-
3 EV and –2
3 EV. The default setting is ±0.
Note that the desired results may not be achieved
depending on shooting conditions and the dis-
tance to the subject.
g EXTERNAL FLASH
Choose ON when using an optional flash unit (ex-
cept Fujifilm products) mounted on the camera
• The flash may not fully light the subject at speeds
faster than 1
• Use auto or custom white balance (
• If the built-in flash is raised when ON is selected for
g EXTERNAL FLASH, the built-in flash will fire once
to provide a signal for the optional flash unit to fire.
• Fujifilm external flash units do not require this setting.
• The camera can be used with flash units that provide
aperture adjustment, external metering, and sensitiv-
ity control. Some flash units that are designed spe-
cifically for other cameras can not be used.
• For information on Fujifilm external flash units, see
Accessories from FUJIFILM (