Press z to shoot a movie. During recording, the following indicators will be displayed and sound will
be recorded via the built-in microphone (be careful not to cover the microphone during recording).
Number of photos that
can be taken during
y REC icon
To end recording, press the z button again. Recording ends automatically when the movie reaches
maximum length or memory is full.
• If the subject is poorly lit, the AF-assist lamp may light to assist the focus operation.
To turn the AF-assist lamp off, select OFF for C AF ILLUMINATOR in the setup menu (P 101).
• Exposure and white balance are adjusted automatically throughout recording. The color and brightness of the
image may vary from that displayed before recording begins.
• Sounds made by the camera may be recorded.
Taking Photographs during Recording
Press the shutter button to take a photograph during recording.
• Image size is determined by the option selected for W MOVIE MODE.
• The photo is saved separately from the movie and does not appear as part of the movie.
• Photos can not be taken while a high-speed movie is being recorded.
• The number of photos that can be taken is limited.