K60 and KT60 OWNER'S MANUAL
4209-37 04/27/17 Page 1 Technical support: 1-951-1120 1-800-363-0251 email@example.com
K60 & KT60 STEAM BATH CONTROLS
FOR USE WITH AMEREC
AK STEAM GENERATORS
SAVE THIS MANUAL
FOR THE SAFETY OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY PLEASE READ THE WARNINGS TO
THE RIGHT AND ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING YOUR STEAMBATH.
POST "WARNING" LABEL OUTSIDE STEAMBATH FOR SAFETY WARNINGS. RE-
QUIRED POSTING ON DOOR OF STEAM ROOM OR ADJACENT TO DOOR FOR ALL
Thank you for purchasing your new AMEREC steam generator. If we can be of any assistance do not hesitate
to call our Service Department at 1-800-363-0251 or 1-425-951-1120.
The K60 and KT60 controls provide automatic temperature control with AK steam generators.
These controls allow the user to set steam bath time and to adjust the bath operating temperature.
Note: For a temperature controlled steam bath, the AK generator requires either a KT60 with built
in temperature sensor or a K60 with separate temperature sensor. Another K60 may be added to
allow two controls for a steam bath, such as one inside the room and one outside, but if a KT60 is
installed it must be inside the steam room. A maximum of two controls may be installed.
1. Ensure that both the power circuit and water supply to the generator are ON.
2. To activate the steam, press the K60 (or KT60) control's On/Off switch. In 10 to 20 minutes
the room should be comfortable enough to begin taking a steam bath. The unit will turn off
automatically in 30 minutes. Note: other bath times and temperature may be set by the user.
3. Remove clothing and jewelry.
4. Enter the steam room and close the door to prevent steam from escaping.
5. Relax and enjoy the warm steam releasing tense muscles and refreshing the entire body. The
average time spent taking a steam bath is approximately 10 minutes
6. Pressing the control's on/off switch while the steam generator is operating will shut it off.
7. If your steam room has a shower, a pleasant experience can be achieved by taking a warm
shower while in the steam. You will ﬁ nd the contrast from water to steam quite invigorating.
SECTION 1: USING THE K60/KT60 WITH An AMEREC GENERATOR
AK STEAM GENERATOR
K60 and KT60
Electrical grounding is required
on all Steam Generators.
All electrical supplies should be
disconnected when servicing a
All wiring must be installed by a
licensed electrical contractor in
accordance with local and
All plumbing must be installed
by a licensed plumber in
accordance with all applicable
local and national codes.
Steamers are for indoor use only.
Steamers are not for
Be certain that steam bath
enclosures are properly sealed
to avoid water damage from
escaping steam. It is
recommended that 100%
silicone caulk be used to seal
all pipes and ﬁ ttings. Steam
must be prevented from
escaping into the wall cavity.
Never shut off the water to an
appliance that is in use.
Electric Shock Hazard
High Voltage exists within this equipment.
There are no user serviceable parts
in this equipment.
REDUCE THE RISK OF
1. Exit immediately if uncomfortable, dizzy or sleepy. Staying too long in
a heated area is capable of causing overheating.
REDUCE THE RISK OF
Use care when entering or exiting the steam room, floor may be slippery.
NOTE: For additional safety instructions, see owner's manual.
Do not contact steam head. Stay at least 12" away
from hot steam escaping from the steam outlet.
OVERHEATING AND SCALDING
2. Supervise children at all times.
3. Check with a doctor before use if pregnant, diabetic, in poor health or
under medical care.
4. Breathing heated air in conjunction with consumption of alcohol, drugs
or medication is capable of causing unconsciousness.
SLIPPING AND FALL INJURY