HDMI Control Function
When AVR-2309CI is connected to a TV and player compatible with
HDMI control function, you can perform the following operations.
Settings other than AVR-2309CI settings must be made on the respective
devices. (Check the operating instructions of each device for details.)
When using the HDMI control function, do not assign HDMI input to “TV/
CBL” by setting “Input Setup” – “Assign” – “HDMI” in the menu.
Television compatible with
HDMI control function
• When you want to listen to TV audio by AVR-2309CI, connect optical
digital or analog.
If the TV you are using has both connection jacks, use the optical
• When using these functions set as follows: menu “Manual Setup”
– “HDMI Setup” – “HDMI Control” (vpage 32).
• AVR-2309CI power off can be linked to the TV power off step.
When you set “Output audio from amp” in the TV audio output setup
operation, you can switch the amp power on.
• You can switch audio output devices with a TV operation.
(When outputting from the TV speakers, output switches from
speakers connected to AVR-2309CI).
• You can adjust AVR-2309CI volume in the TV volume adjustment
• You can switch AVR-2309CI functions through linkage to TV input
• When playing the player, the AVR-2309CI input function switches to
the function of that player.
Getting Started Connections Setup Remote Control Multi-zone Information Troubleshooting