The music on an iPod can be played by using the control dock for
iPod (ASD-1R, ASD-3N or ASD-3W sold separately).
The operation can also be performed using the buttons on the main
unit or remote control unit while watching the menus.
iPod is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S.
and other countries.
b The iPod may only be used to copy or play contents that are not
copyrighted or contents for which copying or playback is legally
permitted for your private use as an individual. Be sure to comply
with applicable copyright legislation.
1Make the necessary preparations.
q Set the iPod in the DENON control dock for iPod.
(vSee the control dock for iPod’s operating instructions.)
w Assign the control dock for iPod’s input.
The input for the control dock for iPod is assigned to VCR by
MENU : ”Input Setup” – “Assign” – ”iPod dock”
2Either turn <SOURCE SELECT> or press [iPod] to
select the input source assigned in step 1-w above.
b If the screens above are not displayed, the iPod may not be
properly connected. Try connecting again.
3Set [SOURCE CONTROL 1] to “AUDIO” and [SOURCE
CONTROL 2] to “iPod/NETWORK”.
(vpage 65 “Remote Control Unit Operations”)
OK to disconnect.
1Press o p.
SR001 Hits 1
CAT : Pops
2Use o p to select the category, then use ui to select
the desired station.
• “UPDATING” is displayed while the encording code is being
• “SIRIUS UPDATING” is displayed when updating SIRIUS tuner
• Refer to “Troubleshooting” – “SIRIUS Satellite Radio” regarding other
messages (vpage 85).
1Tune to the channel you want to lock.
2Press ENTER for at least 3 seconds.
“Code: [ ]” is displayed.
3Enter the 4-digit lock code using uio p.
When you enter the correct code, the corresponding channel is
• Channels under Parental Lock cannot be tuned in by performing
Tuning Up/Down or by category search.
• Channels stored in preset memory can be tuned in by the preset
channel select operation, even if Parental Lock is applied.
• When a channel to which Parental Lock is applied is being played,
Parental Lock for that channel is cancelled by performing Step2.
• See “Edit Lock Cord” (vpage 43) for the method of changing
Parental Lock Cord.
• You can also set “Parental Lock” from the menu. (vpage 43).
Button located on both the main unit and the remote control
Button only on the main unit <BUTTON>
Button only on the remote control unit [BUTTON]
Symbols used to indicate buttons in this manual
Getting Started Connections Setup Playback Remote Control Multi-zone Information Troubleshooting