In addition to the AVR-2309CI, the included main remote control unit
(RC-1099) can also be used to operate the equipment listed below.
q DENON system components
w Non-DENON system components
• By setting the preset memory (vpage 65 ~ 67)
q Lift the clasp and remove the rear lid.
e Put the rear cover back on.
Approx. 23 feet / 7 m
w Load the two batteries properly as indicated by the marks in the
Inserting the Batteries
• Replace the batteries with new ones if the set does not operate
even when the remote control unit is operated close to the unit.
• The supplied batteries are only for verifying operation.
• When inserting the batteries, be sure to do so in the proper direction,
following the “q” and “w” marks in the battery compartment.
• To prevent damage or leakage of battery ﬂuid:
• Do not use a new battery together with an old one.
• Do not use two different types of batteries.
• Do not attempt to charge dry batteries.
• Do not short-circuit, disassemble, heat or dispose of batteries in
• If the battery ﬂuid should leak, carefully wipe the ﬂuid off the inside
of the battery compartment and insert new batteries.
• Remove the batteries from the remote control unit if it will not be in
use for long periods.
• When replacing the batteries, have the new batteries ready and
insert them as quickly as possible.
Operating Range of the Remote Control
Point the remote control unit at the remote sensor when operating it.
The set may function improperly or the remote control unit may not
operate if the remote control sensor is exposed to direct sunlight,
strong artiﬁcial light from an inverter type ﬂuorescent lamp or infrared
• Before turning the power switch on
Check once again that all connections are correct and that there are
no problems with the connection cables.
• Power is supplied to some of the circuitry even when the unit is
set to the standby mode. When traveling or leaving home for long
periods of time, be sure to unplug the power cord from the power
• About condensation
If there is a major difference in temperature between the inside of
the unit and the surroundings, condensation (dew) may form on
the operating parts inside the unit, causing the unit not to operate
If this happens, let the unit sit for an hour or two with the power
turned off and wait until there is little difference in temperature
before using the unit.
• Cautions on using mobile phones
Using a mobile phone near this unit may result in noise. If so, move
the mobile phone away from this unit when it is in use.
• Moving the unit
Turn off the power and unplug the power cord from the power
Next, disconnect the connection cables to other system units before
moving the unit.
• Note that the illustrations in these instructions may differ from the
actual unit for explanation purposes.
For proper heat dispersal, do not install this unit in a conﬁned
space, such as a bookcase or similar enclosure.
Getting Started Connections Setup Playback Remote Control Multi-zone Information Troubleshooting
Cautions on Handling
Cautions on Installation
About the Remote Control Unit