ZONE2 out Connections
If another pre-main (integrated) ampliﬁer is connected, the ZONE2 out connectors can be used to play a
different program source in ZONE2 at the same time (vpage 69 ~ 72).
Extension jack for future use.
(Connect devices corresponding with room to
room function to this jack. )
• For the audio output, use high quality pin-plug cords so that no induction humming or noise is produced.
• For instructions on installing and operating separately sold devices, refer to the respective devices’
• To conduct multi-zone playback, see “Amp Assign / Multi-zone Connections and Operations” (vpage
69 ~ 72).
• When using in combination with an RF Remote Controller (RC-7000CI, sold separately) or RF Remote
Receiver (RC-7001RCI, sold separately) two-way communication with an RF Remote Controller is
The AVR-2309CI’s status information as well as iPod can be browsed watching the RF Remote
Controller’s display. For details, refer to the operating instructions of the respective devices.
• When used in combination with an RF Remote Controller or RF Remote Receiver, make the settings at
menu “Manual Setup” – “Option Setup” – “232C Port” – “2Way Remote” (vpage 37).
• On the menu, when setting “Manual Setup” – “Option Setup” – “232C Port” to “2Way Remote”, you
cannot use the RS-232C port as an external controller (vpage 37).
This connector is used for an external controller.
b If you wish to control the AVR-2309CI from
an external controller using the RS-232C
connector, perform the operation below
q Turn on the AVR-2309CI’s power.
w Turn off the AVR-2309CI’s power from the
e Check that the AVR-2309CI is in the standby
Trigger output jack
The power of an external device equipped with
a trigger input jack can be turned on and off in
association with operations on the AVR-2309CI.
For details, see menu “Manual Setup” – “Option
Setup” – “Trigger Out” (vpage 36, 37).
• Output: DC 12 V 150 mA MAX.
Check the trigger input conditions of the
Getting Started Connections Setup Playback Remote Control Multi-zone Information Troubleshooting