• When connecting a record player with an MC cartridge, use a
commercially available MC head ampliﬁer or a step-up transformer.
• Induction humming (a booming sound) may be produced from the
speakers if the volume is raised with no record player connected.
• With some record players, noise may be generated when the ground
wire is connected. If so, disconnect the ground wire.
Turntable (MM cartridge)
The AVR-2309CI’s SIGNAL GND terminal is meant to reduce noise
when a record player is connected. This is not a safety ground
When using an optical cable for the digital audio connection, make the
settings at menu “Input Setup” – “Assign” – “Digital In” (vpage
Getting Started Connections Setup Playback Remote Control Multi-zone Information Troubleshooting
• With the default settings, the iPod can be used connected to the
VCR (iPod) connector.
• To assign the iPod to a connector other than VCR (iPod), make the
settings at menu “Input Setup” – “(input source to which iPod dock
assigned)” – “Assign” – “iPod dock” (vpage 42).
Use a DENON control dock for iPod (ASD-1R, ASD-3N or ASD-3W sold
separately) to connect the iPod to the AVR-2309CI. For instructions on
the control dock for iPod settings, refer to the control dock for iPod’s