Basic Photography and Playback
Taking Pictures in M (Scene Recognition) Mode
This section describes how to take pictures in M mode.
Turn the camera on.
Slide the G switch to turn the camera
Select M mode.
Rotate the mode dial to M.
In this mode, the camera au-
tomatically analyzes the com-
position and selects a scene
according to shooting condi-
tions and the type of subject:
• b (PORTRAIT): Human portrait
• c (LANDSCAPE): Man-made or natural landscape.
• d (NIGHT): Poorly-lit landscape.
• e (MACRO): Subject close to camera.
• f (NIGHT PORTRAIT): Poorly-lit portrait subject.
• g (BACKLIT PORTRAIT): Back-lit portrait subject.
a (AUTO) is selected if none of the above are detected.