Inserting a Memory Card
• Do not turn the camera off or remove the memory card while the memory card is being formatted or data are being recorded to or
deleted from the card. Failure to observe this precaution could damage the card.
• Format SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards before first use, and be sure to reformat all memory cards after using
them in a computer or other device. For more information on formatting memory cards, see page 102.
• Memory cards are small and can be swallowed; keep out of reach of children. If a child swallows a memory card,
seek medical assistance immediately.
• miniSD or microSD adapters that are larger or smaller than the standard dimensions of an SD/SDHC/SDXC card
may not eject normally; if the card does not eject, take the camera to an authorized service representative. Do
not forcibly remove the card.
• Do not affix labels to memory cards. Peeling labels can cause camera malfunction.
• Movie recording may be interrupted with some types of SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card. Use a y card or
better when shooting HD movies.
• Formatting a memory card in the camera creates a folder in which pictures are stored. Do not rename or delete
this folder or use a computer or other device to edit, delete, or rename image files. Always use the camera to
delete pictures from memory cards; before editing or renaming files, copy them to a computer and edit or re-
name the copies, not the originals.