Using the Menus: Shooting Mode
■■ AUTO REGISTRATIONAUTO REGISTRATION
Select AUTO REGISTRATION from S FACE
RECOGNITION and set it to ON. After shooting
the same face several times with 3 FACE DE-
TECTION turned on, the camera automatically
recognizes the face.
• When the camera recognizes a face that has been
shot many times, the message REGISTER THIS PER-
SON? appears. Press MENU/OK to display PERSONAL
INFO so that you can register the face and its per-
• Using only AUTO REGISTRATION may be difficult to
recognize a face. In that case, register a face and its
personal information from REGISTER.
S FACE RECOGNITION
• Up to 8 people’s information can be registered.
• When 8 people’s information has already been reg-
istered, AUTO REGISTRATION does not function.
• If the camera detects two or more faces registered
by S FACE RECOGNITION, a green border and
orange border(s) will be displayed on the faces
when to shoot. A registered name will appear only
on the face with the green border. White borders
will be displayed on faces which have not been
registered. When no name has been registered,
“---” is displayed.
• S FACE RECOGNITION may not function in the
- the subject does not face front.
- the face is not positioned within a frame.
- the feature of the face varies (because of age or
- the subject is in back-lit or poorly light.