6. Command Echo: Enables/Disables the command echo. When enabled, commands sent to the TPS
will be echoed back to your PC, allowing keystrokes to be displayed . To enable/disable the echo,
type 6, press [Enter] and follow the instructions in the submenu. (Default determined by Option
Switch 3; Factory Setting = Disabled).
7. Disconnect Timeout: Determines how long the TPS will wait for additional commands. Type 7,
press [Enter], and follow the instructions in the submenu. (Default determined by Option Switch 4;
8. Command Confirmation: When enabled, the TPS will display a "Sure?" prompt before
completing the /T, /X, /R, /BOOT, /ON, /OFF, /D and "A" commands, and will also display the
System Status screen after commands are successfully completed. When disabled, the "Sure?"
prompt is suppressed, and the Status Screen is not sent when commands are complete.
(Default = Enabled).
9. Automated Mode: When enabled, the TPS will execute the /ON, /OFF, /BOOT, /D, and /X
commands without displaying the confirmation prompt, status screen, or confirmation messages.
This allows the TPS to be controlled by a device that generates commands to control power
switching without human interaction. For more information, please refer to Section 5.5.
(Default = Off).
Note: When this option is enabled, TPS password security functions are disabled, and users
are able to access System Level menus and control both plugs without entering a password.
10. Button Mode: Enables/disables the manual plug control buttons on the TPS front panel. When
enabled, the TPS's two switched plugs can be toggled On and Off by pressing and holding the
manual control button for approximately one second. When disabled, the manual control buttons
will have no effect. (Default = On).
A. Default Parameters: Resets the TPS to the default values specified by the Option Switches. In
addition, all menu selected parameters, including port names and passwords, will be lost. Note that
if Command Confirmation is disabled, the "Sure?" prompt will not be sent.
Note: If the Default Parameters function is invoked via the Network Port, the IP Address is
not reset. If this function is invoked via the Console Port or Modem Port, the IP Address will
After defining the General Parameters, press [Esc] to exit from the General Parameters menu.
TPS Series Telnet Power Switches; User's Guide Start-Up / Configuration
1. System Password: (undefined)
2. Site ID: (undefined)
3. Modem Init. String: ATE0M0Q1&C1&D2S0=1
4. Modem Disc. String: (undefined)
5. Baud Rate: 9600,N,8,1
6. Command Echo: Off
7. Disconnect Timeout: 2 Min
8. Command Confirmation: On
9. Automated Mode: On
10. Button Mode: On
A. Default Parameters
Enter Selection or <ESC> to Exit ...
Figure 5: General Parameters Menu (System Mode Only)