5.3.4. Network Parameters Menus
The Network Parameters Menus are used to select the IP Address, Subnet
Mask, Gateway Address and other network parameters.
• Web Browser Interface: Click the "Setup" button to access the Setup
Menus, and then click the "Network Parameters" button. The Network
Parameters Menu will be displayed as shown in Figure 5.9.
• Text Interface: Type /N and press [Enter]. The Network Parameters
Menu will be displayed as shown in Figure 5.10.
• Although the Web Browser Interface and Text Interface both allow
conﬁguration of the same network parameters, note that for the
Text Interface, the IP Security feature is conﬁgured via a separate
submenu. For more information on IP Security, please refer to
• Settings for network parameters depend on the conﬁguration of
your individual network. Contact your network administrator for
The Network Parameters Menus allow the following parameters to be deﬁned.
Except where noted, all parameters listed here are available via both the Web
Browser Interface and Text Interface.
• IP Address: Deﬁnes the IP address for the RPC unit.
(Default = 192.168.168.168.)
• Subnet Mask: Deﬁnes the Subnet Mask for the RPC unit.
(Default = 255.255.255.0.)
• Gateway Address: Deﬁnes the Gateway Address for the RPC unit.
(Default = undeﬁned.)
• Send MSS: Deﬁnes the Maximum Segment Size that will be sent by the
RPC. (Default = 536.)
• IP Security: Sets up the IP Security feature. Please refer to
Section 220.127.116.11 for a detailed description of the IP Security feature.
• MAC Address: Displays the unit’s MAC Address. Please note that this
item only displays the assigned MAC Address, and cannot be used to
redeﬁne the address. Note also that the MAC Address is not displayed via
the Web Browser Interface.