RPC-4850-8N Remote Power Controller - User’s Guide
As shown in Figure 5.5 and Figure 5.6, the Serial Parameters Menus allow you
to deﬁne the following parameters:
• Baud Rate: Baud Rate for the RPC Console Port. (Default = 9600 bps.)
Note: When this setting is changed, the new baud rate will not be
applied until the user exits and then re-enters command mode.
• Data: The Data Bits setting for the RPC Console Port.
(Default = 8 Bits.)
• Parity: The parity setting for the RPC Console Port. (Default = None.)
• Stop: The Stop Bits setting for the RPC Console Port. (Default = 1 Bit.)
• Port Mode: Sets up the serial Console (RS232) Port for use with either
a local PC or an external modem. Note that when the Port Mode is set to
"Modem" the modem initialization string will be sent every 15 minutes.
(Default = Console.)
• Modem Initialization String: Deﬁnes a command string (up to
32 characters long) which can be sent out the serial Console Port to
initialize an external modem. If the Port Mode is set to "Console", the
modem initialization string will not be sent. For more information on
initialization commands, please refer to the user’s guide for your modem.
(Default = ATE0M0Q1&C1&D2S0=1)
• The Modem Initialization String cannot begin with a forward slash
(/) or backslash (\) character.
• The Modem Initialization String cannot include non printable
characters or quotation marks.