RPC-4850-8N Remote Power Controller - User’s Guide
5.3.1. The General Parameters Menus
The General Parameters Menus allow you to select parameters such as the
System Password, User Name, Site I.D. and other options.
• Web Browser Interface: Click the "Setup" button to access the Setup
Menus, and then click the "General Parameters" button. The General
Parameters Menu will be displayed as shown in Figure 5.3.
• Text Interface: Type /G and press [Enter]. The General Parameters
Menu will be displayed as shown in Figure 5.4.
The General Parameters Menus allow you to deﬁne the following parameters:
• System Password: The RPC will display a password prompt when
you attempt to access command mode. When the System Password is
entered at log on, the System Mode will be active, allowing access to both
switching functions and conﬁguration menus. (Four to 16 Characters,
Default = undeﬁned.)
• If the System Password is not deﬁned, then the RPC will always
start up in System Mode, and conﬁguration functions will then be
available to anyone who accesses command mode.
• The System Password cannot begin with a forward slash (/) or
backslash (\) character.
• The System Password cannot include non printable characters, space
characters, asterisks (*) or quotation marks.
Figure 5.3: General Parameters Menu - Web Browser Interface