7.2. The Ping-No-Answer Alarm
The Ping-No-Answer Alarm is intended to provide notification when one of the IP
addresses defined via the Ping-No-Answer Reboot feature (as described in Section 6.1)
fails to respond to a Ping command. When one of the user-defined IP addresses fails
to answer a Ping command, the RSM-8R4 can provide notification via Email, Syslog
Message or SNMP Trap.
• In order for this alarm to function, IP Addresses for the Ping-No-Answer
reboot feature must first be defined as described in Section 6.1.
• When a Ping-No-Answer condition is detected, the RSM-8R4 can still reboot
the user-selected outlet(s) as described in Section 6.1, and can also send an
email, Syslog Message and/or SNMP trap if properly configured as described
in this section.
• In order for the RSM-8R4 to provide Email alarm notification, communication
parameters must first be defined as described in Section 5.9.11.
• In order for the RSM-8R4 to provide Syslog Message notification, Syslog
parameters must first be defined and Syslog Messages must be enabled as
described in Section 5.9.2.
• In order for the RSM-8R4 to provide SNMP Trap notification when this alarm
is triggered, SNMP parameters must first be defined, and SNMP Traps must
be enabled as described in Section 5.9.7.
To configure the Lost Voltage (Line In) Alarm, access the RSM-8R4 command mode
using a password that permits Administrator Level commands, and then proceed as
• Text Interface: Type /AC and then press [Enter] to display the Alarm Configuration
menu. From the Alarm Configuration menu, type 3 and press [Enter] to access the
configuration menu for the Ping-No-Answer Alarm.
• Web Browser Interface: Click the "Alarm Configuration" link, located on the left
hand side of the screen to display the Alarm Configuration menu. From the Alarm
Configuration menu, click on the "Ping-No-Answer" link to access the configuration
The Ping-No-Answer alarm configuration menu offers the following parameters:
• Trigger Enable: Enables/Disables the trigger for this alarm. When Disabled, this
alarm will be suppressed. (Default = On.)
Note: To cancel an alarm without correcting the condition that caused the
alarm, simply toggle the Trigger Enable parameter to Off and then back On
• Resend Delay: Determines how long the RSM-8R4 will wait to resend an email
message generated by this alarm, when the initial attempt to send the notification
was unsuccessful. (Default = 60 Minutes.)