• Ping Delay After Reboot: Determines how long the RSM-8R4 will wait to send
additional Ping commands, after a Ping-No-Answer Reboot has been initiated.
Typically, this option is used to allow time for a device to fully "wake up" after a
Ping-No-Answer Reboot before attempting to Ping the device again.
(Default = 15 Minutes.)
• Consecutive Failures: Determines how many consecutive failures of the Ping
command must be detected in order to initiate a Ping-No-Answer Reboot. For
example, if this value is set to "3", then after three consecutive Ping failures, a
Ping-No-Answer Reboot will be performed. (Default = 3.)
• Reboot: Enables/Disables the Ping-No-Answer Reboot function for the specified
IP address. When this item is disabled, the RSM-8R4 will not reboot the specified
outlet(s) when a Ping-No-Answer is detected. However, the RSM-8R4 will continue
to notify you via Email, Syslog Message and/or SNMP Trap, providing that
parameters for these functions have been defined as described in Section 5.9 and
email notification for the Ping-No-Answer function has been enabled as described
in Section 7.2. (Default = No.)
• In order for Email/Text Message Notification to function, you must first define
Email/Text Message parameters as described in Section 5.9.11.
• In order for Syslog Message Notification to function, you must first define a
Syslog Address as described in Section 5.9.2.
• In order for SNMP Trap Notification to function, you must first define SNMP
parameters as described in Section 5.9.7.
• Plug Access: Determines which outlet(s) will be rebooted when this IP address
for this Ping-No-Answer operation does not respond to a Ping command. Note
that in the Text Interface, Plug Access is defined via a separate submenu; in the
Web Browser Interface, Plug Access is defined via a drop down menu, which may
be accessed by clicking on the "plus" sign in the "Configure Plug Access" field.
(Default = undefined.)
• Plug Group Access: Determines which Plug Group(s) the Ping-No-Answer
Reboot for this IP Address will be applied to. Note that in the Text Interface, Plug
Group Access is defined via a separate submenu; in the Web Browser Interface,
Plug Group Access is defined via a drop down menu, which may be accessed by
clicking on the "plus" sign. (Default = undefined.)
• Ping Test: Sends a test Ping command to the IP Address or domain name that has
been defined for this Ping-No-Answer Reboot.
Note: After you have finished defining or editing Ping-No-Answer Reboot
parameters, make certain to save the changes before proceeding. In the
Web Browser Interface, click on the "Add Ping No Answer" button to save
parameters; in the Text Interface, press the [Esc] key several times until the
RSM-8R4 displays the "Saving Configuration" message and the cursor returns to
the command prompt.