5.9.9. TACACS Parameters
To access the TACACS Configuration Menus, proceed as follows:
• Text Interface: Type /N and press [Enter] to access the Network Configuration
Menu. From the Network Configuration Menu, type 28 and press [Enter] to display
the TACACS Configuration Menu.
• Web Browser Interface: Click on the "TACACS Parameters" link, located on the
left hand side of the screen, to display the TACACS Configuration Menu.
The TACACS Configuration Menus offer the following options:
• Enable: Enables/disables the TACACS feature at the Network Port. (Default = Off.)
• Primary Address: Defines the IP address or domain name (up to 64 characters)
for your primary TACACS server. (Default = undefined.)
• Secondary Address: Defines the IP address or domain name (up to 64 characters)
for your secondary, fallback TACACS server (if present.) (Default = undefined.)
• Secret Word: Defines the shared TACACS Secret Word for both TACACS servers.
(Default = undefined.)
• Fallback Timer: Determines how long the RSM-8R4 will continue to attempt to
contact the primary TACACS Server before falling back to the secondary TACACS
Server. (Default = 15 Seconds.)
• Fallback Local: Determines whether or not the RSM-8R4 will fallback to its
own password/username directory when an authentication attempt fails. When
enabled, the RSM-8R4 will first attempt to authenticate the password by checking
the TACACS Server; if this fails, the RSM-8R4 will then attempt to authenticate the
password by checking its own internal username directory. (Default = Off.)
• Authentication Port: The port number for the TACACS function. (Default = 49.)