• Multiple Logins: If the RSM-8R4 is installed in an environment that does not
include communication via an open network (local communication only), then the
Multiple Logins parameter can be used to determine whether or not multiple users
will be able to communicate with the unit at the same time. If this parameter is set
to "Off" then only one user will be allowed to communicate with the unit at a time.
(Default = On.)
Note: The "Multiple Logins" prompt is not included in the Web Browser
5.9.2. Network Parameters
In the Text Interface, these parameters are accessed via the Network Configuration
menu (Figure 5.13.) In the Web Browser Interface, these parameters can be found by
clicking the "Network Parameters" link on the left hand side of the screen to display the
Network Parameters menu.
• IP Address: (Default = 192.168.168.168.)
• Subnet Mask: (Default = 255.255.255.0.)
• Gateway Address: (Default = undefined.)
• DHCP: Enables/Disables Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol. When this option
is "On", the RSM-8R4 will perform a DHCP request. Note that in the Text Interface,
the MAC address for the RSM-8R4 is listed on the Network Status Screen.
(Default = Off.)
Note: Before configuring this feature via Telnet or Web, make certain your
DHCP server is set up to assign a known, fixed IP address. You will need this
new IP address in order to reestablish a network connection with the
• Telnet Access: Enables/disables Telnet access. When Telnet Access is "Off," users
will not be allowed to establish a Telnet connection to the unit. (Default = On.)
• Telnet Port: Selects the TCP/IP port number that will be used for Telnet
connections. Note that in the Text Interface, this item is defined via a submenu,
which is displayed when the Telnet Access parameter is selected (item number 21.)
(Default = 23.)
• SSH Access: Enables/disables SSH communication. (Default = On.)
• SSH Port: Selects the TCP/IP port number that will be used for SSH connections.
Note that in the Text Interface, this item is defined via a submenu, which is
displayed when the SSH Access parameter is selected (item number 22.)
(Default = 22.)