126.96.36.199. The Temperature Log
The System Parameters menu allows you to select two different configuration
parameters for the Temperature Log:
• Temperature Log (Enabled): Enables/disables the Temperature Log function.
When disabled, the RSM-8R4 will not log temperature readings. (Default = On.)
• Temperature Log Duration: The Temperature Log Duration can be set to Monthly
or Weekly. This determines how often the Temperature Log will be cleared and how
long Temperature data will be retained. For example, if Temperature Log Duration
is set to "Monthly", then data will be kept for up to one month. (Default = Monthly.)
188.8.131.52. Reading and Erasing Logs
To read the Audit Log, Alarm Log or Temperature log, access the command mode, then
proceed as follows:
• Text Interface: Type /L and press [Enter] to display the Display Log menu. Select
the desired Log from the menu, key in the appropriate number and press [Enter],
and then follow the instructions in the resulting submenu.
• Web Browser Interface: To view the Audit Log, click on the "Audit Log" link on
the left hand side of the screen. To view the Alarm Log, click on the "Alarm Log"
link on the left hand side of the screen. To view the Temperature Log, click on the
"Temperature Log" link on the left hand side of the screen.
To erase log data, access command mode via the Text Interface, using an account
that permits Administrator level commands, then type /L and press [Enter] to access
the Display Logs menu. At the Display Logs menu, key in the number for the desired
log, and press [Enter] to display the Log, then type E and press [Enter] to erase all
records for the selected log. Note that once records have been erased, they cannot be
• The RSM-8R4 dedicates a fixed amount of internal memory for Audit Log
records, and if log records are allowed to accumulate until this memory
is filled, memory will eventually "wrap around," and older records will be
overwritten by newer records.
• To save the Audit Log, Alarm Log or Temperature Log as an ASCII file via
the Web Browser Interface, right-click the link for the desired log, select
"Save Target As", select text format, and then save the document with a ".txt"