Upgrading RSM-8R4 Firmware
5. Open your FTP/SFTP application and (if you have not already done so,) login to the
RSM-8R4 unit, using a username and password that permit access to Administrator
6. Transfer the md5 format upgrade file to the RSM-8R4.
7. After the file transfer is complete, the RSM-8R4 will install the upgrade file and then
reboot itself and break all port connections. Note that it will take approximately 10
minutes to complete the installation process. The unit will remain accessible until it
a) Some FTP/SFTP applications may not automatically close when the file transfer
is complete. If this is the case, you may close your FTP/SFTP client manually
after it indicates that the file has been successfully transferred.
b) When the upgrade process is complete, the RSM-8R4 will send a message to
all currently connected network sessions, indicating that the RSM-8R4 is going
down for a reboot.
Note: Do not power down the RSM-8R4 unit while it is in the process of
installing the upgrade file. This can damage the unit's operating system.
8. If you have accessed the RSM-8R4 via the Network Port, in order to start the FTP/
SFTP servers, the RSM-8R4 will break the network connection when the system is
• If you initially selected "Start FTP/SFTP Servers and Save Parameters", you may
then reestablish a connection with the RSM-8R4 using your former IP address.
• If you initially selected "Start FTP/SFTP Servers and Default Parameters",
you must then login using the RSM-8R4’s default IP address (Default =
192.168.168.168) or access command mode via Serial Port 1 or 2 or via Modem.
When firmware upgrades are available, WTI will provide the necessary files. At that time,
an updated Users Guide or addendum will also be available.