Saving and Restoring Configuration Parameters
15.2. Restoring Saved Parameters
This section describes the procedure for using your terminal emulation program to send
saved parameters to the RSM-8R4.
1. Start your terminal emulation program and access the RSM-8R4’s Text Interface
command mode using an account that permits Administrator level commands.
2. Configure your terminal emulation program to upload an ASCII text file.
3. Upload the ASCII text file with the saved RSM-8R4 parameters. If necessary, key in
the file name and directory path.
4. Your terminal emulation program will send the ASCII text file to the RSM-8R4. When
the terminal program is finished with the upload, make certain to terminate the
Note: If the RSM-8R4 detects an error in the file, it will respond with the "Invalid
Parameter" message. If an error message is received, carefully check the
contents of the parameters file, correct the problem, and then repeat the Upload
5. If the parameter upload is successful, the RSM-8R4 will send a confirmation
message, and then return to the command prompt. Type /S and press [Enter], the
Status Screen will be displayed. Check the Status Screen to make certain the unit
has been configured with the saved parameters.