➅ Network Port: An RJ45 Ethernet port for connection to your 10Base-T or
100Base-T, TCP/IP network. Note that the RSM-8R4 features a default IP address
(192.168.168.168). This allows you to connect to the unit without first assigning an
IP address. Note that the Network Port also includes two, small LED indicators for
Link and Data Activity. For more information on Network Port configuration, please
refer to Section 5.9.
➆ Internal Modem Port: For connection to your external phone line. For more
information on Modem Port configuration, please refer to Section 5.8.
2.3. Front Panel Button Functions
The CLEAR and SET buttons can be used to perform several functions described below:
• Front Panel button functions can also be disabled via the System Parameters
menu, as described in Section 5.3.
• When the RSM-8R4 is reset to factory defaults, all user-defined configuration
parameters will be cleared and the default “super” user account will also be
• When the RSM-8R4 is reinitialized, all ports will be disconnected.
• During the reboot procedure, all port activity LEDs will flash once.
1. Reboot Operating System - Keep User-Defined Parameters:
a) Press and hold the CLEAR button for five seconds, and then release it.
b) The RSM-8R4 operating system will reboot ; all user-defined parameters will be
2. Reboot Operating System - Reset All Parameters to Factory Defaults:
a) Simultaneously press both the SET button and the CLEAR button, hold them
for five seconds, and then release them.
b) The RSM-8R4 operating system will reboot; all user-defined parameters will be
reset to factory default settings.