Telnet & SSH Functions
10.3.4. Terminating a Direct Connect Session
To terminate a Direct Connect session, use the client program’s "disconnect" feature.
The following will occur immediately upon a client initiated disconnect:
1. The Network port is disconnected from the serial port.
2. The Network session is terminated.
3. The serial port is put to sleep.
• The Sequence Disconnect Command, which is defined via the Port
Configuration menus, cannot be used to terminate a Direct Connection.
• Any RSM-8R4 port that allows Administrator or SuperUser level commands
can terminate a direct connection at another port by issuing the /D command
as described in Section 188.8.131.52.
• Acknowledgment of data received by the RSM-8R4 network port does not
automatically indicate that the data has been completely sent out the serial
port. Data may still be queued in RSM-8R4 buffers. Any data queued at the
time of a client initiated disconnect is discarded, and is not passed to the