Telnet & SSH Functions
3. Direct Connect ON - PASSWORD: The Direct Connect feature is enabled at this
port, but a password must be entered before a Direct Connection is established.
a) Upon login, the RSM-8R4 will prompt for a username and password. If a valid
username/password is entered, the RSM-8R4 will return a message which
confirms the connection and lists the name and number of the port (providing
the user account allows access to the target port.)
b) If a valid username / password is not entered in 30 seconds or three attempts,
the port will timeout and disconnect.
• If you intend to create "Raw Socket" connections to RSM-8R4 serial ports,
then the "Raw Socket Access" feature must also be enabled at the Network
Port, as described in Section 5.9.2.
• If you intend to use SSH to establish direct connections to the RSM-8R4, the
"Direct Connect ON - PASSWORD option must be selected.
• If Administrator level commands are disabled at the Network Port, then
accounts that permit Administrator level commands will not be able to initiate
a Direct Connection.
• If Administrator level commands are enabled at the Network Port, then
accounts with Administrator level access and accounts without Administrator
level access will both be allowed to establish Direct Connections.
• If your user account does not permit access to the target port, the connection
will be refused.