9.2.2. Example 2: PollCat III Calls Polling Device Via Modem
This method is used when one of the automated Callback features has been triggered.
PollCat III will call the polling device when an 80% Full Callback, Scheduled Callback, or
Immediate Callback is generated. In addition, the unit may also call the polling device to
provide notification of a No-Data Alarm or Toll Fraud Alarm.
Note: In order for the PollCat III to be able to call the polling device via modem,
Set-Up Switch 6 must be DOWN.
1. The "PollCat III" prompt will be displayed. Key in the default "SMDR" password (or
current user-defined password) and press [Enter] to access the Command Mode. The
password must be entered in all uppercase letters.
a) If the correct password is not entered within 10 seconds, the unit will disconnect.
b) If the password is not entered in 10 seconds and the Auto Execute function is
configured and enabled, the Auto Execute Command String will be performed.
c) Call records received during the Polling process will be stored behind the memory
2. Issue Command ^B18 to determine the reason for the Callback. Type ^B18 [Enter].
Please refer to Section 7.4.1 for an explanation of the possible responses to Command
3. The following commands may be used to verify the location and identity of the
PollCat III unit.
• ^B13 Send ID/MSG
• ^B03 Send Header Message
• ^B73 Send Binary Information Block (Binary Block Mode Only)
4. If necessary, use the following commands to determine current storage and memory
•^B20 Display Number of Stored Records or Blocks
•^B21 Display Remaining Memory Space
5. Invoke Command ^B01 with the appropriate Data Release Options to retrieve the desired
data. When all requested data is released, PollCat III will send the "END DATA"
message, exit Data Release Mode, and return to Command Mode.
•If Command ^B54,2 (Release Data with ^B02) is active, and Command ^B01,n is
invoked to release data in groups of "n" records or blocks, a ^B02 command will
be required in order to release the first group of records or blocks.
•If Command ^B52,2 (Hold "END DATA" Message) is active, and Command
^B01,n is invoked to release data in groups of "n" records or blocks, a ^B02
command will be required in order to release the "END DATA" message.
PollCat III - Pollable Call Accounting Terminal, User's Guide Polling Accumulated Data