9.2.1. Example 1: Polling Device Calls PollCat III Via Modem
This method is often used when a Scheduled Callback is deemed impractical for a particular
Note: In order for the polling device to be able to contact PollCat III via modem,
Set-Up Switch 6 must be set in the DOWN position.
1. Enter the Command Mode: Call the PollCat III. When the "PollCat III" prompt is
displayed, enter the SMDR password (uppercase only), or your user defined password.
PollCat III will respond with the "READY" message.
2. Use the following commands to verify the location and identity of the PollCat III unit.
•^B13 Send ID/MSG
•^B03 Send Header Message
•^B73 Send Binary Information Block (Binary Block Mode Only)
3. If necessary, use the following commands to determine the current storage and memory
•^B20 Display Number of Stored Records or Blocks
• ^B21 Display Remaining Memory Space
4. Invoke Command ^B01 with the appropriate Data Release Options to retrieve the desired
data. When all requested data has been released, PollCat III will send the "END DATA"
message, and return to Command Mode.
• If Command ^B54,2 (Release Data with ^B02) is active, and Command ^B01,n is
invoked to release data in groups of "n" records or blocks, a ^B02 command will
be required in order to release the first group of records or blocks.
• If Command ^B52,2 (Hold "END DATA" Message) is active, and Command
^B01,n is invoked to release data in groups of "n" records or blocks, a ^B02
command will be required in order to release the "END DATA" message.
5. Issue Command ^B25 to clear all records up to the current memory partition. Note that
Command ^B25 offers the option to clear all records or blocks (^B25), clear only Data
Records or blocks (^B25,D), or clear only Alarm Records or blocks (^B25,A).
a) If the "SURE (Y,N)?" option is disabled (^B75,1), PollCat III's stored data will be
b) If the "SURE?" option is enabled (^B75,2), a prompt will be displayed. Type Yand
press [Enter] to erase released records from PollCat III's memory, or type Nto abort.
c) If Binary Block Output Mode is active (^B62,3), and the Auto Delete Option is
enabled (^B67,2), data will be deleted as soon as it is acknowledged as received by
the polling device. The "SURE?" prompt will not be displayed.
CAUTION: Once records have been erased, they cannot be recovered. Make
certain all desired data has been retrieved before issuing Command ^B25.
6. When you have finished polling the unit, type ^B09 and press [Enter] to exit Command
Mode and discontinue modem connection with PollCat III.
PollCat III - Pollable Call Accounting Terminal, User's Guide Polling Accumulated Data