7.2.1. Alarm Clue Definition
1. Enter the Command Mode and invoke Command ^B81 using the following format:
clue Clue Name (Up to 16 characters)
[specifier] (Optional) specifies the Pager I.D. number(s) to be dialed when this
clue triggers an alarm, and alphanumeric pager notification is
selected. The specifier can be , , , or any combination
count is the Critical Count Level, or the number of times this type of call
must occur in order to trigger an alarm (0001 to 9999).
parameters are the Call Characteristics, or a description of the qualities of the
type of call to be monitored.
Note the following:
•A comma (,) separates ^B81 from clue.
• A backslash (\) separates clue or [specifier] from count, and count from
• A backslash (\) is not inserted between clue and [specifier].
• When the [specifier] is included, it is always enclosed in a pair of square brackets.
•Ifcount is defined as 0000, PollCat III will count calls that match the clue, but will
never generate an alarm for that clue.
• Alarm Clue parameters will always include at least one variable, at least one operator,
and at least one alphanumeric value which describes the characteristics that the clue
•The format of any numerical values in the Alarm Clue definition must exactly match
the format found in the call record. For example, if the record shows the time as
"09:00", the parameter definition must also list the time as "09:00", and not "0900" or
PollCat III - Pollable Call Accounting Terminal, User's Guide The Alarm Filter (Toll Fraud Detection)