7.1.2. Defining the Alarm Filter Format
Proper definition of the Alarm Filter Format tells PollCat III where to look, in order to
determine if a call record should be counted as an Alarm Record. To define the Alarm Filter
Format, proceed as follows.
1. Enter the Command Mode. Type ^B16 [Enter] to display the System Status Screen.
Make certain the following options are set as described below. Use the commands listed
in parentheses to reset any option not in the correct state.
Compression: Off (^B53,2)
Line I.D.: Off (^B59,1)
Output Mode: Record (^B62,1)
Alarm Filter: Off (^B65,1)
Time Stamp: Off (^B66,1)
Duplex: Full (^B68,2)
•In Step 1, options ^B53, ^B59, ^B62, ^B66, and ^B68 are set in a manner that is
intended to simplify definition of the Alarm Filter. Return these options to the
desired state after the Alarm Filter is defined.
• Both the Time Stamp (^B66) and the Line I.D. feature (^B59) will alter the field
location. When records are released, both features will append an extra field to
each record. This altered record structure may cause errors in the definition of the
Alarm Filter Format. Make certain to disable both features prior to storing call
records for use in the definition of the Alarm Filter Format.
2. Allow the PollCat III to receive and store a substantial number of records from the PBX.
Type ^B00 [Enter] to move the memory partition. This allows access to records that
were received after Command Mode was activated.
3. Type ^B01,3 [Enter]. PollCat III will display three records. Although the exact
format will differ for each PBX, records will look something like the example in
Note: If Command ^B54,2 (Release Data with ^B02) is active when Command
^B01,n is invoked, a ^B02 must be issued in order to release the first group of
4. Examine the records to determine the location(s) of the field(s) you intend to monitor
(e.g., number dialed). To examine additional records, type ^B02 [Enter].
PollCat III - Pollable Call Accounting Terminal, User's Guide The Alarm Filter (Toll Fraud Detection)
|08:21|IN |005|00:43| | | |
Figure 7.1: Sample Call Records