To define the Data Filter Format, proceed as follows.
1. Enter the Command Mode. Type ^B16 [Enter] to display the Status Screen. Make
certain the following options are set as described below. Use the command listed in
parentheses to reset any option not in the correct state.
Compression: Off (^B53,2)
Data Filter: Off (^B56,1)
Line ID Tag: Off (^B59,1)
Output Mode: Record (^B62,1)
Time Stamp: Off (^B66,1)
Duplex: Full (^B68,2)
• Options ^B53, ^B59, ^B62, ^B66, and ^B68 are set in a manner intended to
simplify definition of the Data Filter. Return these options to the desired state
after the filter is defined.
• Both the Time Stamp (^B66) and Line I.D. feature (^B59) will alter the field
location. When records are released, both features will append an extra field to
each record. The altered record structure may cause errors in the Data Filter
Format. Disable both features prior to storing records for use in the definition of
the Data Filter Format.
2. Type ^B00 [Enter] to move the memory partition. The memory partition is repositioned
each time the user enters Command Mode. Records received while Command Mode is
active are stored on the other side of the partition. Command ^B00 allows access to these
3. Type ^B01,3 [Enter]. PollCat III will display the first three call records stored in
memory. Although the exact format will differ for each PBX, call records will look
something like the example shown in Figure 6.1.
Note: If Command ^B54,2 (Release Data with ^B02) is active when Command
^B01,n is invoked, a ^B02 must be issued in order to release the first group of
4. Examine the call records to determine the location(s) of the field(s) you intend to monitor
(e.g., number dialed).
PollCat III - Pollable Call Accounting Terminal, User's Guide The Data Filter
|08:21|IN |005|00:43| | | |
Figure 6.1: Sample Call Records