Buffer Functions (Polling)
3. Filename: The ﬁrst four characters of the ﬁlename that the FTP
Server function will assign to each category of data stored in buffer
memory. The complete ﬁlename will consist of these four characters,
one character which indicates the source port, and two characters
which indicate the data type. For more information, see
Section 16.5.3. (Up to four characters; Default = Undeﬁned.)
Note: If you are using the FTP Server function to retrieve data
from several different VIP units, a unique ﬁle name should be
assigned to each unit. This will prevent the data from one unit from
overwriting data from another unit.
4. Auto Delete: Enables / Disables the Auto Delete function for
FTP Server operations. When enabled, the VIP will delete records
from buffer memory after your FTP client acknowledges reception.
(Default = Off.)
• When Auto Delete is enabled, the VIP will only delete records
after your FTP client acknowledges reception. If the data transfer
is aborted or interrupted, the Auto Delete Function will not delete
records from memory.
• When Auto Delete is enabled, the unit will not display a prompt
before deleting records from buffer memory.
5. Audit Trail: Enables / Disables the Audit Trail for FTP Server
operations. When enabled, the VIP will create a log which lists all
FTP connections, including the duration of the connection, password
entered, and status at disconnection. (Default = Off.)
11. Stop FTP Session: Aborts any FTP session currently in progress.