PollCat NetLink-VIP & PollCat NLJ-VIP - User’s Guide
• A periodic FTP Push operation will be delayed if targeted ﬁles
are being accessed by another user at the time scheduled for data
transfer. The VIP will delay the periodic push until the partition
is released, or the other user exits command mode. If the delay
lasts longer than the Xmit Delay period, the periodic push will
• A periodic push will not be performed if the speciﬁed ﬁles are
empty (no data.)
14. Xmit Attempts: The number of times the VIP will attempt to
retransmit data if the FTP operation fails.
(1 to 99 Attempts, Default = 5 Attempts.)
Note: The VIP will not perform additional transmit attempts if
the speciﬁed ﬁle(s) are empty, or if the Server Address, User Name,
Password, or Account info have not been supplied.
15. Xmit Delay: The amount of time that will elapse between Transmit
Attempts (Xmit Attempts.) (1 to 99 Minutes, Default = 5 Min.)
16. Auto Delete: Enables/Disables the Auto Delete function for FTP Push
operations. When enabled, the VIP will delete records from memory
after the server acknowledges reception. (Default = Off.)
17. Start Time: Speciﬁes an exact start time for the next FTP Push
operation as described in Section 16.4.2. (Default = undeﬁned.)
21. Force FTP Push: When selected, the unit will immediately perform
an FTP Push using parameters entered at items one through 16. If the
partition (Source Port / Data Type) owned by the FTP Push feature
is empty, the VIP will not attempt to connect to the Server. A Forced
FTP Push will not effect the Periodic Push schedule.
22. Test FTP Push: Sends test data in order to determine if FTP
Parameters are correctly set. If the Test FTP Push cannot establish
a connection with the server, the VIP will display a message that
describes the reason the test failed. (e.g. incorrect password.)
Note: After you have selected new FTP Push parameters, it is
recommended to use the "Test FTP Push" feature to make certain
that newly deﬁned parameters will work with your FTP server.
23. Stop FTP Push: Terminates any FTP Push operation in progress.
Note that when this item is selected, the VIP will immediately
terminate a Periodic Push or Force FTP Push.