PollCat NetLink-VIP & PollCat NLJ-VIP - User’s Guide
16.2.2. Read Session Parameters
The Set Read Session Parameters submenu (Figure 16.4) is used to select
options that are applied when data is released.
Note: If the port partition has not been set, values selected for
the Source Port and Data Type options will determine the partition
location. When a Read Session is initiated, or the Set Partition
option is selected, the partition is set according to the Source Port
and Data Type options.
1. Source Port: The VIP can release all data, or only data received via a
selected port. You may select PBX Port A, PBX Port B, the AUX Port,
the PBX IP Port, all four ports, or any combination. (Note that PBX
Port B and the AUX Port are not available on NLJ-VIP units.)
2. Data Type: Determines which type of data will be released. The
following data types may be selected:
1. All: Releases all data from the buffer, including both alarm data
and non- alarm data.
2. Standard (Non-Alarm): Release records that did not match an
3. Alarm 1 (All): Release all data that matched any Alarm Clue
deﬁned for Alarm Filter 1.
4. Alarm 1 (By Clue): Release records that matched a speciﬁc
Alarm Clue for Alarm Filter 1.
5. Alarm 2 (All): Release all data that matched any Alarm Clue
deﬁned for Alarm Filter 2.
6. Alarm 2 (By Clue): Release records that matched a speciﬁc
Alarm Clue for Alarm Filter 2.
7. All Alarms: Release records that matched Alarm Filter 1 and
records that matched Alarm Filter 2.
“READ” SESSION PARAMETERS:
1. Source Port: All
2. Data Type: All
3. Start Record: 1
4. Record Count: All
Press <ESC> to return to previous menu ...
Figure 16.4: Set Read Session Parameters Menu