13.2.6. Output Contact
If the "Output Contact" action is selected, the VIP can open or close the
optional Output Contacts when an alarm is generated.
• In order to use the Output Contact action, the Idle/Non-
Alarm state for each contact should be deﬁned as described in
• The Output Contacts are an optional feature, and are not
available on NLJ-VIP units.
When the Output Contact action is selected, the following item must be
deﬁned at the conﬁguration menu for the speciﬁed alarm.
• Output Contacts: Specify the target Open/Closed/No Change action
for each contact. When an alarm is generated, the Output Contacts
will be opened or closed as speciﬁed.
If this action is selected, the VIP will send a message via the Console Port
when an alarm is generated. Typically, this message describes the type
of alarm event that occurred. The VIP can also execute a user-deﬁned
command string to report status or download data.
Note: In order to use the Console action, Console Port
communication parameters must ﬁrst be deﬁned as described in
When the Console action is selected, the following items should be deﬁned
at the conﬁguration menu for the speciﬁed alarm.
• Message: (Optional) Enter a message to describe the type of alarm
event that occurred; for example "80% FULL".
• Auto-Execute: (Optional) Enable or disable the Auto-execute
function and then deﬁne the command string at the "Execute
Commands" prompt. Auto Execute command strings are discussed
further in Section 13.3.