PollCat NetLink-VIP & PollCat NLJ-VIP - User’s Guide
9. Output Contacts: The open/close action that will be performed when
an Output Contact action is generated by this alarm. A "C" indicates
the contact will be closed, "O" indicates the contact will be opened,
a dash (-) indicates the status of the contact will not be changed.
(Default = No Action.)
10. Message: The message that will be sent when a Callout,
Alphanumeric Page, SNMP Trap, Console action or Email/Text
Message is generated by this alarm. (Default = undeﬁned.)
11. Auto Execute: If enabled, the VIP will execute the command string
deﬁned under item 11 when a Callout or Console action is generated
by this alarm. (Default = Off.)
12. Execute Commands: Deﬁnes the command string that will be
performed if Auto Execute is enabled, and a Callout or Console Action
is generated by this alarm. This command string consists of a series
of ^Bxx commands, with each command separated by a backslash
and forward slash character (\/). ^Bxx commands are discussed
in Section 19. For more information, please refer to Section 13.3.
(Default = undeﬁned.)
Example: To send the Site ID Message and then send all
alarm records, the Auto Execute String would be deﬁned as
• When the Auto-Execute string is deﬁned, commands are entered
without the ^B character, and each individual command is
separated by a slash character.
• In order for the Auto Execute feature to function, item 10 must be
enabled, the command string must be deﬁned under item 11, and
the Alarm Action must be set at either Callout or Console.
13. Email To: This item is used to select the recipient(s) for emails
that are generated by this alarm. The submeu for this prompt allows
you to select both, either or none of the two email recipients that
are deﬁned via the Send Email Conﬁguration Menu, as described in
Section 18.104.22.168. (Default = Email #1.)