PollCat NetLink-VIP & PollCat NLJ-VIP - User’s Guide
Actions: Determines how the VIP will react when a PBX Inactivity Alarm
is generated. The VIP can call a remote modem or pager, send an SNMP
Trap, execute user-deﬁned commands, send a message via the console
port, open or close the optional Output Contacts or send an Email or Text
Message. Note that the Output Contact option is not available on NLJ-VIP
13. Action: The type of action that will be performed when a PBX
Inactivity Alarm is generated; None, Callout, Alphanumeric Page,
Numeric Page, SNMP Trap, Output Contact, and Console. For more
information, please refer to Section 13.
14. Phone Number: The number dialed for a callout or page.
Note: For Numeric Paging, this prompt can specify both the pager
number and a numeric "message", as follows:
Where PHONENO is the phone number, and MESSAGENO is any
user-selected number which will notify the receiver that an alarm
has occurred. For example, to dial 555-1212 and send the message
"123", item 14 would be deﬁned as "5551212@123#".
15. Pager ID 1: The ﬁrst Pager ID number dialed for an alphanumeric
page. The VIP can dial up to three pagers for each inactivity alarm.
16. Pager ID 2: The second Pager ID Number for this Alarm.
17. Pager ID 3: The third Pager ID Number for this Alarm.
18. SNMP Management: The network manager that will receive SNMP
Traps generated by this alarm. This selects one, both or none of two
available SNMP Managers. The IP addresses for each manager are
deﬁned via the Network Port Conﬁguration Menu.
19. Output Contacts: The open/close operation performed by the
optional Output Contacts when this alarm generates an Output Contact
action. "C" indicates the Output Contact will close when an alarm is
generated, "O" indicates the contact will open, and a dash (-) indicates
that the status of the contact will not be changed.
20. Message: The message that is sent when a Callout, Alphanumeric
Page, SNMP Trap, Console action or Email/Text Message is generated
by this alarm.