PollCat NetLink-VIP & PollCat NLJ-VIP - User’s Guide
3. Match Parameters: Deﬁnes criteria that determine if each record will
be ﬂagged as an alarm. Match Parameters consist of a variable from
Alarm Filter Format, a logical operator (see Section 9.6,) and the value
that will be matched (e.g. the number dialed).
Example: If the Alarm Filter Format assigns the variable "A" to the
"Number Dialed" ﬁeld, then A=5551212 tells the VIP to check this
ﬁeld for the number 555-1212.
Note: Match Parameters may reference several variables, may
include several operators, and may also include "AND/OR"
conditions. Please refer to the examples in Section 9.9.
4. Action Parameters (Items 4 - 13): These items determine how the
VIP will react when the counter for this clue exceeds the threshold
value. If default Alarm Filter Action parameters have been deﬁned
(Section 9.2.1) each prompt will be conﬁgured according to the
default. Action Parameters for each Clue can be individually deﬁned,
and parameters speciﬁed by defaults can also be edited. This allows
you to assign different Pager Numbers and etc. to each clue. For more
information, please refer to Section 13.
9.5.2. Editing and Deleting Clues
The Alarm Filter Conﬁguration menu is used to edit, delete or display
parameters deﬁned for each clue.
1. From the Main Menu, type 25 and press [Enter]. The Alarm
Conﬁguration Menu will be displayed.
2. From the Alarm Conﬁguration Menu, type 1 (for Alarm Filter 1)
or 2 (for Alarm Filter 2) and then press [Enter]. The Alarm Filter
Conﬁguration Menu (Figure 9.2) will be displayed.
3. Display Clue Details: To review parameters assigned to each clue,
type 2 and press [Enter]. The VIP will list all clue names for this
Alarm Filter. Key in the name of the desired clue and press [Enter];
parameters for the speciﬁed clue will be displayed.
4. Edit Clues: To alter an existing Clue, type 4 and press [Enter]. The
VIP will list all clues deﬁned for this Alarm Filter. Key in the name of
the desired clue and then press [Enter]. The Deﬁne/Edit Clue menu
will be displayed.
5. Delete Clues: To delete an existing Clue, type 5 and press [Enter].
The VIP will list all clues deﬁned for this Alarm Filter. Key in the
name of the clue that you wish to delete and then press [Enter]. The
clue will be deleted.
Note: Deleted Alarm Clues cannot be recovered.