The Alarm Filters (Toll Fraud Detection)
ALARM FILTER 1:
1. Deﬁne Format
2. Display Clue Details
3. Deﬁne Clues
4. Edit Clues
5. Delete Clues
6. Alarm Counter Reset Time: (undeﬁned)
Press <ESC> to return to previous menu ...
Figure 9.2: Alarm Filter Conﬁguration Menu (Alarm Filter 1 Shown)
9.3. The Alarm Filter Configuration Menus
The Alarm Filter Conﬁguration menus (Figure 9.2) are used to set-up the
two Alarm Filters. Each ﬁlter has its own conﬁguration menu, and both
menus are accessed from the general Alarm Conﬁguration menu
(Figure 9.1). Both menus include the following options:
1. Deﬁne Format: The Alarm ﬁlter Format (see Section 9.4.)
2. Display Clue Details: This item is used to review the parameters
assigned to each Clue.
3. Deﬁne Clues: The criteria that determine if each record should be
ﬂagged and counted. Section 9.5 describes Alarm Clue deﬁnition.
4. Edit Clues: Allows the user to edit or alter existing Clues.
5. Delete Clues: Deletes clues as described in Section 9.5.2.
6. Alarm Counter Reset Time: Determines the time of day when
Clue Counters for this ﬁlter will be reset. Each Clue has a counter
which determines how many times this type of call has occurred. For
example, a Clue may be used to count long distance calls. When the
Alarm Counter Reset Time is selected, all counters for this Alarm
Filter will be reset to zero at the selected time each day.