PollCat NetLink II - User’s Guide
5. IP Security: Enables and conﬁgures the IP Security function. When
enabled, the IP Security function allows you to restrict command mode
access based on the user’s IP address. For more information on the IP
Security function, please refer to Section 188.8.131.52. (Default = Off.)
11. Command Echo: Enables / disables command echo (duplex mode)
for this port. When enabled, keystrokes sent to the NetLink II will be
displayed on your monitor. (Default = On.)
12. Response Type: Determines how this port will react when command
mode is activated. If "Send Menu" is selected, NetLink II will
immediately display the Main Menu when command mode is
activated. If "Inhibit Menu" is selected, NetLink II will not display the
Main Menu until [Enter] is pressed. (Default = Inhibit Menu.)
13. "Sure" Prompt: When irreversible commands (such as "Erase Data")
are invoked, this port can display the "Sure" prompt to allow one last
chance to conﬁrm that the command should be executed.
(Default = On.)
14. Command Timeout: Sets the Timeout value. If no additional
command activity is detected at this port during the deﬁned timeout
period, this port will exit command mode and disconnect.
(Default =15 minutes.)
15. Audit Trail: Enables the Audit Trail function at this port, and
determines whether or not log entries will be sent to the SYSLOG IP
address (deﬁned via the Network Port conﬁguration menu.) When
enabled, NetLink II will log command activity at this port. For more
information on the Audit Log function, please refer to Section 16.1.6.
The Audit Trail function offers the following options: (Default = Off.)
1. Record with SYSLOG: Enable the Audit Trail function, and
send log entries to the user-deﬁned SYSLOG IP Address. Note
that in order for this feature to work, the SYSLOG IP Address
must be deﬁned.
2. Record without SYSLOG: Enable the Audit Trail function, and
do not send out log entries via SYSLOG.
3. Off: Audit Trail Function disabled.