4. Hardware Installation
The hardware installation procedure includes the following steps:
1. Connect the NetLink II unit to an appropriate power supply
(see Section 4.1).
2. Use the Set-Up Switches to select default communication parameters
and NetLink II options (see Section 4.2).
3. Reset the NetLink II unit to default parameters (see Section 4.3).
4. Connect the data cables, network cable and telephone line
(see Section 4.4)
4.1. Connect the NetLink II to your Power Supply
• When Switch 2 is UP (enable Power Up Console Defaults)
and there is a power interruption, Console Port communication
parameters will be reset to the default settings: 9600 bps, eight
data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit.
• After conﬁguring the unit with menu selected parameters, you
may wish to return Set-Up Switch 2 to the DOWN position. This
will cause NetLink II to use menu selected parameters whenever
the unit is powered off and on.
CAUTION: This device should only be operated with the type of
power source indicated on the instrument nameplate. If you are
not sure of the type of power service available, please contact
your local power company.
Plug the power cable into the receptacle on the NetLink II back panel. The
NetLink II features a self-adjusting power supply that automatically adapts
for 115 or 230 VAC. Place the AC Power Switch in the ON position to
apply power, the ON indicator will light and the RDY indicator will ﬂash.