11. The 80% Full Alarm
The 80% Full Alarm is designed to notify the user when internal memory
is nearly full. When memory becomes 80% full, NetLink II can send an
SNMP Trap, call a modem or pager, send email notiﬁcation or contact the
user via the Console Port.
To conﬁgure the alarm, go to the Main Menu. Type 25 and press [Enter]
to access the Alarm Conﬁguration menu. When the menu appears, type 5
and press [Enter]. The 80% Full Alarm Conﬁguration Menu (Figure 11.1)
offers the following options:
1. 80% Full Alarm: Enables/disables the 80% Full Alarm. In order to
function, the alarm must be enabled.
Alarm Action Parameters:
21. Action: Determines how NetLink II will react when an 80% Full
Alarm is generated. The options are None, Callout, Alphanumeric
Page, Numeric Page, SNMP Trap, Email / Text Message, or Console
action. For more information, please refer to Section 12.
22. Phone Number: The number dialed for a callout or page.
Note: For Numeric Paging, this prompt can specify both a phone
number and numeric "message". In this case, the number is entered
Where PHONENO is the pager number, and MESSAGENO is any
number that notiﬁes the user that an alarm has occurred. For
example, to dial 555-1212 and send the message "999", item 3
would be deﬁned as "5551212@999#".
23. Pager ID 1: The ﬁrst Pager ID Number dialed for an Alphanumeric
Page action. NetLink II can dial up to three pagers for this alarm.
24. Pager ID 2: The second Pager ID Number for the 80% Full Alarm.
25. Pager ID 3: The third Pager ID Number for the 80% Full Alarm.