RSM Series; Remote Site Managers - User’s Guide
4. The RSM will send a series of ASCII command lines which specify
currently selected parameters. The last line of the ﬁle should end with a
"/G-00" command. When the download is complete, press [Enter] to
return to the command prompt.
11.2. Restoring Saved Parameters
This section describes the procedure for using your terminal emulation
program to send saved parameters to the RSM.
1. Start your terminal emulation program and access the RSM’s Text
Interface command mode using an account and port that permit
2. Conﬁgure your terminal emulation program to upload an ASCII text ﬁle.
3. Upload the ASCII text ﬁle with the saved RSM parameters. If necessary,
key in the ﬁle name and directory path.
4. Your terminal emulation program will send the ASCII text ﬁle to the
RSM. When the terminal program is ﬁnished with the upload, make
certain to terminate the Upload mode.
Note: If the RSM detects an error in the ﬁle, it will respond with the
"Invalid Parameter" message. If an error message is received, carefully
check the contents of the parameters ﬁle, correct the problem, and then
repeat the Upload procedure.
5. If the parameter upload is successful, the RSM will send a conﬁrmation
message, and then return to the command prompt. Type /S and press
[Enter], the Status Screen will be displayed. Check the Status Screen to
make certain the unit has been conﬁgured with the saved parameters.