RSM Series; Remote Site Managers - User’s Guide
18.104.22.168. Adding IP Addresses to the Allow and Deny Lists
To add an IP Address to the Allow or Deny list, and begin conﬁguring the IP
Security feature, proceed as follows.
• Both the Allow and Deny list can include Linux operators, wild
cards, and net/mask pairs.
• In some cases, it is not necessary to enter all four "digits" of the
IP Address. For example, if you wish to allow access to all IP
addresses that begin with "192," then you would only need to enter
• The IP Security Conﬁguration menu is only available when the
Supervisor Mode is active.
1. Access the IP Security Conﬁguration Menu.
a) Web Browser Interface: Click on "Network Conﬁguration" on
the left hand side of the screen. When the Network Conﬁguration
menu appears, click on "IP Security" to display the screen shown in
b) Text Interface: Type /N [Enter] to display the Network
Conﬁguration Menu. From the Network Conﬁguration Menu, type 5
[Enter] to display the screen shown in Figure 5.14.
2. Allow List: Enter the IP Address(es) for the clients that you wish to
allow. Note that if an IP Address is found in the Allow list, the client will
be allowed to connect, and the RSM will not check the Deny list.
a) Web Browser Interface: Place the cursor in the ﬁrst empty ﬁeld in
the parameters menu, then key in the desired IP Address, operators,
wild cards, and/or net/mask pairs.
b) Text Interface: Note the number for the ﬁrst empty ﬁeld in the
Allow list, then type that number at the command prompt, press
[Enter], and then follow the instructions in the
3. Deny List: Enter the IP Address(es) for the clients that you wish to deny.
Note that if the client’s IP Address is not found in the Deny List, that
client will be allowed to connect. Use the same procedure for entering IP
Addresses described in Step 2 above.