RSM Series; Remote Site Managers - User’s Guide
• Direct Connect: Direct Connect allows users to access the RSM and
automatically create a connection between the Network Port and a
speciﬁc RS232 port by including the appropriate Telnet port number in
the connect command (e.g. Port 5 = 2105). For more information, please
refer to Section 8.3. As described below, the Direct Connect feature
offers three options. (Default = Off.)
▪ Off: Telnet users will not be able to employ the Direct Connect feature
to connect to this port.
▪ On - No Password: Telnet users will be able to employ the Direct
Connect feature to connect to this port without entering a password.
▪ On - Password: Telnet and SSH users will be able to use Direct
Connect to connect to this port, but will be required to enter a password
before the connection is established.
Note: If "On - Password" is selected, and Supervisor commands are
disabled at the Network Port, then only accounts that do not permit
Supervisor commands will be allowed to establish a direct connection
via the Network Port. If Supervisor commands are disabled at a
given port, then that port will not allow access by accounts that permit
When the Port Parameters menu is accessed via the Text Interface, the
menu also lists both Direct Connect port numbers for this port (port
numbers are not listed in the Web Browser Interface.)
▪ Telnet Port: The Telnet port number employed to create a Direct
Connection to this port using standard Telnet protocol.
▪ SSH Port: When Direct Connect (Item 13) is set at "On - Password",
this line will display the Telnet port number used to create a Direct
Connection to this port using SSH protocol. For more information,
please refer to Section 8.3.
▪ Raw Port: The Telnet port number that is used to create a Direct
Connection to this port using Raw Socket protocol.